chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buying Furniture

Go down 
+5
clay
jaydoil
peggie
MayanDreams
sungirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sungirl

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime4/16/2008, 11:56 am

farao

Hi all - I wanted to let you guys know the easy way out we are taking to purchase our furniture. When we were down in March we looked all over Playa and were none to happy with the prices and inconveniance.

Anyway we were lucky enough to meet Kim and Nicole of Pakat Interiors. They are right there in Playa and will organize everything - from furniture to all the accessories - with their design touches as well. Talk about easy - they will do all the leg work from delivery to setting it up.

Soon you all will be able to view some of their selections at our house calle jamaica #7 manzana 207.

They even have a package put together for Chemuyil homes - visit www.pakatinteriors.com

PS - Nobody asked me to do this - I just wanted to share the easy way out we are taking.

Regards
Simone
Chemuyil and Canada
Back to top Go down
MayanDreams

MayanDreams

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime4/17/2008, 10:01 pm

Hi sungirl,

Hmm...these guys seem expensive compared to gringo furniture. Also, we found appliances at Walmart that were reasonable. These casas are small and there is room for minimal furniture. Having been inside, we were thinking to keep the furniture to a tasteful, functional minimum. That being said, we are not worried about getting there to a furnished place for vacation and want to have some fun shopping and setting it up. The road block may be truck rental but we are not going to sweat that.
Back to top Go down
sungirl

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime4/28/2008, 11:53 am

flower Whew - I have been trying forever to get back in to post - everytime I try to log in it takes me to the Chat line and says I am disconnected. Anyway - I'm back.

We are having fun picking out our furnishings and things from home. We looked when we were down there - only one day as that was the only time we saw rain. We did buy our appliances at Teletobaga (spelling?) which was interesting as no one spoke english. Claudia gave us a card with the address for delivery, which we gave them - all went well. But, I really hope to improve my spanish. I guess we will have to try and come down more often.

How are all of you making out with furnishing your homes? I would love to know.

S.
Back to top Go down
peggie

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime4/29/2008, 8:57 pm

would you say that the furniture is better priced at gringo or talabego and how about quality
Back to top Go down
sungirl

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime4/30/2008, 12:15 pm

We only bought our appliances at Teletabago. The furniture there was inexpensive, but kind of cheap looking. They did have your everyday looking furniture though - if you wanted a different look. The dishes, pots/pans, small appliances and such were quite expensive. We have not bought that stuff yet, so never shopped around for it.

S.
Back to top Go down
peggie

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/1/2008, 1:31 pm

thanks i appreciate your help
Back to top Go down
jaydoil

jaydoil

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/3/2008, 10:35 pm

We have been through all this before, when we furnished our place in Playa 5 years ago. Telebodega is a good company to work with. We picked out everything (appliances & funky living room furniture) in an hour, and it was delivered the next day. You do need to be able to speak Spanish, but it will save you a lot of money.

As for the bedroom furniture and the rest, it just depends if you have the time to order things and take delivery on your own. If so, you can save significant money. Otherwise, it is probably worth it to pay the premium for someone to handle it all for you, especially if your Spanish is not so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kdk-law.com
clay

clay

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/7/2008, 8:38 am

I LOVED Telebodega. We went to the big downtown Cancun store on Tulum (307). HUGE store - best selection - one stop shopping.
Appliance and mattress prices were best. Furniture prices were moderate. Many more styles to choose from at THAT store. Didn't care for their upholstered pieces, but they did have several styles.
We worked with a young lady named Carmen Mendoza. She speaks a little English - plenty to get by, and was very helpful. Great adventure!
Leared by accident at our trip to the Playa store that you can ask for a discount at Telebodega - go figure - The didning table I bought said %10 off. When I questioned the saleperson about it (he did not speak English, but I was not buying appliances, so it wasn't as crucial) he gave me %10 off my whole purchase. Something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/7/2008, 1:50 pm

Thanks Carol for the info. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

We are wondering if anyone has checked Costco for mattresses. We've purchased for here and am assuming the deals are just as good, but you never know until you shop around. Sounds like Cancun might be an entire day shopping trip. What a introduction to the city. I've only been to the airport and to Costco and Mega next door.
Back to top Go down
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/14/2008, 8:45 am

If someone has a map of Cancun, they could photo copy the area where these stores are, mark them off, then post it for everyone to see so it is easier to find these places??? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebrick.com
clay

clay

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/14/2008, 9:41 am

ChemadianGuy wrote:
If someone has a map of Cancun, they could photo copy the area where these stores are, mark them off, then post it for everyone to see so it is easier to find these places??? Just a thought.

That's a great idea ... unfortunately, the mapchick covers the "tourist areas" and the map we used was one of those tour company maps. The locations of Telebodega, Costco, Home Depot and our hotel were off the map. We drew lines on the edges where the streets would be.
If someone finds a good map of Cancun I'd be interested to get one.

Carol
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/14/2008, 9:42 pm

ChemadianGuy wrote:

Now that you mention it, we got a really nice map from a cool map store in downtown Seattle by International Travel Maps. You can shop online for them at http://www.itmb.com/. There is one called Yucatan Peninsula and it's a really good map! It's made sturdy to withstand heavy use and moisture. This one also includes Belize and Guatemala. It's so clear and easy to read.

Here's a little map of Costco. http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx?Warehouse=712&lang=en-US It's seems like it was right off of 307 as you head towards the cuota road. Can't find a good map of Cancun right now to look it up, but it was easy. Wonder if you can mapquest it?

Wanted to add that the ITMB map even shows cenotes, not all of them but quite a few.

Last edited by nwcreolelady on 5/15/2008, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
callecuba2008

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/14/2008, 10:29 pm

There was a map of Cancun in one of those little books that are on the racks at the airport. It showed the Costco, and we were told the Home Depot was nearby. We never got there because we ran out of time, but at least it showed it.
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/15/2008, 9:11 am

nwcreolelady wrote:
Wonder if you can mapquest it?

I tried. I don't think Mapquest does Mexico. I also tried Via Michelin which does Mexico, but I could not figure out how to put the address in.
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/15/2008, 9:15 am

clay wrote:
nwcreolelady wrote:
Wonder if you can mapquest it?

I tried. I don't think Mapquest does Mexico. I also tried Via Michelin which does Mexico, but I could not figure out how to put the address in.

Yes, I tried it too Carol. You can get a basic map of Cancun or Merida, but that's it.......it doesn't even show all the streets. We'll have to grab one of those little books at the airport. Just because we drove right to it last time doesn't mean it'll happen again.
Back to top Go down
Kathi

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime5/21/2008, 8:56 pm

I've order maps from mapchick and they are great with lots of detail and general information. I do not have one for Cancun but plan to order one...although I think I would rather drive to the mall and take a taxi around the city. This week I went into Cancun to sign my power of attorney, the drive was maybe 10 minutes from the mall, the drive waited for me for 45 minutes and drove my back to the mall...cost $25!! Now that's a deal cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Furniture   Buying Furniture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying Furniture
Page 1 of 1