chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

cement furniture

Go down 
+6
karona
Kathi
Shelley in CA
chica de chemuyil
ChemadianGuy
TNT
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TNT

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/18/2008, 10:22 am

Ok...on the yahoo board there was some discussion about cement furniture. One of the things we've always thought was cool at the properties where we've stayed was the cement furniture. Where does one get cushions for the cement couches?? Or would I have to sew/make them myself? affraid

Thanks!
Tonja
Back to top Go down
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/18/2008, 11:10 am

I am sure there are many places / people who can sew them for you however, I am sure you would have to go into Playa to find a fabric store. I can say from experience I actually found the cement sofas comfortable up until I bonked my head on the cement... Mad

I personally will be doing this but will have the fabric brought from home sewn to fit but will have to find somewhere out there to fill it with foam and fibre wrap...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebrick.com
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 4:59 pm

Someone had posted on the other forum that they had received a quote of 5000 dollars for putting in cement furniture. They did not post what all was included. Sounds like robbery (or pesos) if it was just for cement couches and mattress pedistals. Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith & Desi
Back to top Go down
TNT

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 12:22 am

I thought they said $500, not $5000. But I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 12:36 am

That would certainly sound more reasonable. Do you remember if that was just couch and chair or did it include bed pedistals.
Back to top Go down
chica de chemuyil

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 6:51 pm

I didnt see the advertisement for Fred Flinstone furniture?

www.Stone Quarry.com

Kidding
Back to top Go down
Shelley in CA

Shelley in CA

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 8:06 pm

Hi, That was me getting the concrete sofa. That was $500 not $5000. I'm planning on checking out the cushion options when I'm there in June.

Shelley
Back to top Go down
http://www.printpalpromo.com
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 8:32 pm

Shelley,

Is that for a sectional version? Did you get a cost for the mattress pedistal?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Shelley in CA

Shelley in CA

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 8:39 pm

It's for an L shaped sofa, I didn't have the mattress pedestal quoted, I'm happy with the wood base for that. If you go to yahoo groups , photos, Shelley's house, you'll see an example of what I'm getting.

Shelley
Back to top Go down
http://www.printpalpromo.com
Kathi

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/21/2008, 7:14 pm

Shelley,

I love the idea for your sectional, where will you get cushions? I'm undecided on a sectional from Gringofurniture or a cement one. Good/bad with both. Post pictures when its done so we can all see!

Kathi
Back to top Go down
karona

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/27/2008, 6:57 pm

In a condo I was staying at in Playa Del Carmen, they used single bed mattresses for the cusions on the cement couch with a big rolled up foamy for the back. It was very comfortable both to longe on and to sleep on. Single bed fitted sheets will fit them that way, for when guest want to sleep on them.
Back to top Go down
TNT

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime3/27/2008, 9:16 pm

karona~

Great idea!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mayangrove

mayangrove

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/14/2008, 8:35 pm

Where do you buy cement furniture? Do they deliver? How much do they cost? Is there a website? flower
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/14/2008, 11:21 pm

You have it custom built. I really like the idea, but I've never actually sat on it. I'm waiting to see Tonja's or Shelley's.
Back to top Go down
tsmick

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/17/2008, 1:44 am

CLAY,
You can peek in my front window if I'm not down there while you are. No cushions yet, so it probably isn't too comfortable right now! Wink
Tonja
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/17/2008, 9:19 am

I will definately be looking in your window. Joe did yours, right? So where do you get your cushions done?
Back to top Go down
Kathi

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/17/2008, 3:53 pm

Tonya is it terrible rude of me to ask what you paid for the cement sofa? I will be meeting with Joe in May and I am thinking about having him make a cement sofa for me. Renee did mention that she knew someone who would be able to make the cushion in Mexico. I like this option b/c I can choose the fabric and bring it down to Mexico with me!

kathi
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime4/17/2008, 7:56 pm

Kathi,

I love the idea of bringing your own fabric!! This cement sofa is sounding better and better ....
Back to top Go down
kellyo

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime7/11/2008, 3:27 pm

[quote="Shelley in CA"]It's for an L shaped sofa, I didn't have the mattress pedestal quoted, I'm happy with the wood base for that. If you go to yahoo groups , photos, Shelley's house, you'll see an example of what I'm getting.

we would like pics, where can i see them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cement furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: cement furniture   cement furniture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cement furniture
Page 1 of 1