chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss

Go down 
+8
Shelley in CA
ChemadianGuy
casadolen
Maggie
TNT
katsardi22
nwcreolelady
ChanChemuyilAdmin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ChanChemuyilAdmin
Admin
ChanChemuyilAdmin

If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Empty
PostSubject: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/18/2008, 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

there are lots of resources available if you are thinking about remodeling--adding a front porch, back porch, wall, 2nd level etc.

Here you can bounce ideas off of each other and share information and ask questions about construction and work done in Chan Chemuyil subdivision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mexicotulum.com
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/18/2008, 7:46 pm

When we come in July we'd like to focus on the exterior. Does anyone know who to hire for work such as walls, gates and patios? We are thinking of something fairly simple but attractive with wrought iron/stucco walls. Does anyone have examples of costs they've experienced on certain projects?

We'd love to meet our neighbors to share with them our plans and see what they have in mind. And we would like to know how the property corners are marked in the backyards?
Back to top Go down
katsardi22

katsardi22

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 10:12 am

Does anyone know the size of our back yards?
Back to top Go down
TNT

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 3:00 pm

If you look on the mexicotulum websiteand click on "floorplan" you will find the measurements. For all of us in the US, one meter=40 inches, which means they are about 15.25 ft. by about 25.67 ft.
Back to top Go down
ChanChemuyilAdmin
Admin
ChanChemuyilAdmin

PostSubject: "Joe" the carpenter   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would pass on a name to you that might be helpful. There is a guy whose name is Jose, but he goes by "JOE" that has been doing a lot of carpentry work, making doors, cabinets, he can do palapas, but he is also able to do concrete as well. He has actually built complete homes in and around Playa Del Carmen.

He lived in the USA for over 20 years in the Chicago, IL area so he speaks perfect English and is very easy to work with and does very nice work.

You might want to contact him and tell him i sent you

Joe's email is falconhomeremodeling@hotmail.com or you can call him

If you are dialing from USA or Canada his number is 011-52-984-803-9628 and his cell phone would be 011-52-1-984-807-7651

What is happening here is that everyone is getting super busy with lots of work in the subdivision so of course all the contractors (like Joe) have to work on a first come first serve basis. Knowing that more than 100 people will be wanting possession after May 15, 2008 you might want to get in touch with him now before the rush
Back to top Go down
http://www.mexicotulum.com
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 5:43 pm

Bill-

Do you know anything about his prices?

Reasonable?

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
casadolen

PostSubject: Hey Neighbors - Possible Contracting Discount!   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 6:15 pm

Irony! I found his name & # on a different website. Bill, I heard you got the WC door situation worked out - congrats! I talked with his Renee (Joe's wife)this morning and am very excited about working with them if the prices come back with our budget. She said if enough people use them for cement & wood, they would be able to lower the costs because they can buy in bulk for our area. Very nice, professional, and straightforward & I'm not easily impressed! Looks like they may even be doing my pool - yes, I'll go first in the neighborhood to see what happens. I feel I once again hit the jackpot in finding this couple(it just keeps getting better Very Happy )!
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 7:24 pm

I have always wondered about a pool in the back yard....will the land be able to sustain it?

It is all lime stone....and with 2 cenotes on the property....I don't want to dig a pool and have mi casa fall in.....thoughts, suggestions, has research been done?

Cheers-
Mags

PS....any one talking community pool?
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 8:49 pm

Maggie wrote:
I have always wondered about a pool in the back yard....will the land be able to sustain it?

It is all lime stone....and with 2 cenotes on the property....I don't want to dig a pool and have mi casa fall in.....thoughts, suggestions, has research been done?

Cheers-
Mags

PS....any one talking community pool?

Good thoughts Maggie. It makes me wonder if everyone started digging pools in, what could happen to the ground around us? We won't be putting a pool in even though those pics of places with small plunge pools look inviting. When I'm there, I want to be plunging in the playa at Xcacel and the beatuiful cenotes that are so plentiful all around us. The picture you posted of the cenote is one we visited but didn't have time to go in as we were on our way to Coba. It is beautiful, nice trail, nice young man with his "pet" coatamundis there. That must be why they don't want any perros! I can't wait to check out these wonderful swimming holes....they look so pristine and relaxing!
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/19/2008, 10:01 pm

You bet! and thank you on the pix compliment....you know I love pix!

My larger concern is ....k, we know how tight these spaces are....we know that the land we live on is .......ohhh....say like your kitchen sponge....if everyone starts digging for that "all mighty" pool...we will all cave in......thoughts?

I have some friends that could come down and map out what is beneath us.......but I would like to know what is already known....that would help my friends....the crazy cave diving faction..and ya bet I will be at their heals!

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 12:28 am

I am lucky enough to be sharing and backing on to two of my freinds casa'a ans we are definitely planing on puting a LARGE pool in the back if possible. I / we would also very much like to know the situation here... My dreams of paradise are wet ones!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebrick.com
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 12:29 am

Opps, that didn't sound right did it? No
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 1:00 pm

ChemadianGuy wrote:
Opps, that didn't sound right did it? No

Yes, it did......coming from you! lol! jocolor

Kathy & Mark
#5 Calle Jamaica, Manzana 201
Back to top Go down
Shelley in CA

Shelley in CA

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/20/2008, 8:25 pm

I was thinking that the Zona de Comercio on Mza 206 would make a great space for a big community pool.

For all of you who want to put in individual pools, have you thought about how they'll be maintained when you're not there? Or will you fill and drain them every time you come? And then, where do you drain them? I don't want to be a killjoy, but I don't want to be living near primordial sludge, or jumping over drainage induced creeks either. No

Shelley
Back to top Go down
http://www.printpalpromo.com
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime3/21/2008, 10:13 am

Shelley, our wonderful property management company has services available to care for those who have swimming pools. They quote 40 dollars + supplies per month for maintaining. I also have a pool here in canada and once you know what you are doing, it is easy to maintain. No lake or pond of sludge will appear....
Back to top Go down
Bruce

PostSubject: pools, community pools, and what the land will sustain   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/2/2008, 8:30 pm

All,

Please think about the impact of pools. Lots of impacts to consider. Might I suggest we "pool" our resources and clean up the cenotes. Build a platform/deck to control erosion. There is no better pool in the world than a nice cenote.

Bruce
Cuba #13
Back to top Go down
http://pisgahinn.com
Paige

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 2:44 pm

BG is currently cleaning the big cenote and has made a great natural wall around the area....If anyone has current pix....(Maggie??) maybe you could post them to show everyone the progress Smile
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 3:45 pm

Paige wrote:
BG is currently cleaning the big cenote and has made a great natural wall around the area....If anyone has current pix....(Maggie??) maybe you could post them to show everyone the progress Smile

Oh WOW!

This is the first I have heard of this......super, I bet it will be beautiful!

Sorry, I do not have any pictures of that cenote at this time....and it just occurred to me....what are the names of the cenotes on the property?

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
Paige

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 4:58 pm

I have a couple pix from back in December but I don't know how to put them in this message.....I am sure by now that the cenote project is done. They were cleaning up that whole vacant lot and making pathways to the cenote. Daniel, the official gardener of Chemuyil, cleared all the water plants out that were hiding the cenote.....much bigger than we thought it was!!
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 5:51 pm

Maggie, when are you going down?

If the cenotes don't have names - I love the way you think - maybe you could head up the committee to name them!

Carol
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 7:27 pm

clay wrote:
Maggie, when are you going down?

If the cenotes don't have names - I love the way you think - maybe you could head up the committee to name them!

Carol

Now that is just frightening!LOL

My next trip will be in July.........I would love to put some thought into that.....but I have a sneaky suspicion that they already have names........but we can always knick name them! Wink

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 9:13 pm

Maggie,

When in July? I'll be there 4-15 with my son.
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/3/2008, 11:25 pm

Paige wrote:
I have a couple pix from back in December but I don't know how to put them in this message.....I am sure by now that the cenote project is done. They were cleaning up that whole vacant lot and making pathways to the cenote. Daniel, the official gardener of Chemuyil, cleared all the water plants out that were hiding the cenote.....much bigger than we thought it was!!

This is so cool! cheers It would be great to see pictures of the cenotes now. I'm sure that Bill must have some before and afters. Way to go BG!

Does anyone know if Daniel is involved the the Chemuyil Project through Xel-ha? Bill? I wouldn't be at all suprised. If you haven't read about the "Best Facade Contest" here's the link. It's from last year - I'd love to find out the current year's news on this.
http://www.csrwire.com/News/7812.html

This really is a lovely community we're becoming part of, isn't it!

Last edited by nwcreolelady on 4/3/2008, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say something else......)
Back to top Go down
karona

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime4/5/2008, 3:46 pm

Thanks for posting that article. No wonder the town of Chemuyil is so pretty. Great idea having the contest! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss   If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you want to add-on or remodel your home this is the place to discuss
Page 1 of 1