chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chan Chemuyil Internet Service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChanChemuyilAdmin
Admin
ChanChemuyilAdmin

Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Empty
PostSubject: Chan Chemuyil Internet Service   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime6/29/2008, 1:46 pm

I just had a meeting with Frank, the owner of Playa Wireless and here is what they are offering for Chan Chemuyil:

2 options--here is the first option

$580 one time install fee for the equipment at your house to have your OWN private connection

then you can choose from 3 plans and price depends on the speed

Plan A 128kbps cost $39.00usd per month
Plan B 256kbps cost $59.00usd per month
Plan C 512kbps cost $109.00usd per month

The minimum contract is 6 months BUT the good news is you just have to agree to pay for service (whatever plan you choose) for 6 months out of 12 (not 6 months in a row).

For example: if you are here in December and January you pay for those two months--then you leave and come back in June, you pay for June, etc. etc. As long as you pay for 6 out of 12 months you have honored the contract.

Here is the 2nd option

they will also install this entire subdivision as a wifi "hotspot" much like I was trying to do but the speed will be a little slower and it will be shared meaning only so many people will be allowed on at any given time (I dont know the number of people maybe like 10 or so).

the prices will be the same as above with a one month minimum

The catch is that I need to find 10 people willing to sign up for the first plan and pay $580 up front for the install. They will not come and install the tower until I have 10 people ready to signup and pay that install.

If you want to do things like voice, lots of downloading, work, etc. then you need to have your own connection and your own equipment. Another option would be if two or three neighbors got together and shared one connection and also shared the cost of the initial install.

The bottom line is if I can find 10 people out there willing to pay the $580 for the install we can have this up and going probably in July.

Let me know ASAP if you are interested in this
Back to top Go down
http://www.mexicotulum.com
Dennis M

Dennis M

Location : -----------Casa del Caribe Azul---------Calle Cuba Mz204 Lote12 and Dunbarton, NH

PostSubject: Internet Service   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime6/29/2008, 8:36 pm

Bill

Are those speeds download or upload or the same for both?

What is the office using for internet service now?

Is DSL available thtough Mextel or just dial up? If so what does it cost and what speeds do they offer?

Dennis M.
Back to top Go down
ChanChemuyilAdmin
Admin
ChanChemuyilAdmin

PostSubject: chemuyil internet   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime6/30/2008, 9:17 am

Dennis M wrote:
Bill

Are those speeds download or upload or the same for both?

What is the office using for internet service now?

Is DSL available thtough Mextel or just dial up? If so what does it cost and what speeds do they offer?

Dennis M.

Yes all speeds are symetrical meaning if you pay for 256k that is the upload and download speed.

Right now Telmex will not bring the infinitum service (ADSL) here unless they have 50 paying customers in the subdivision all with telmex phone lines that sign a petition saying they will sign a contract for the Internet service. Cablemas has to go to mexico city to get approval to bring their service here and that could take forever so dont look for that any time soon.

The only choice you have from Telmex is dialup and that means you have to have a phone line so there is $25 per month right there just for basic telephone service. I think the dialup internet is another $10 per month but it is dialup (SLOW).
Back to top Go down
http://www.mexicotulum.com
monsoonvt

PostSubject: I Need Internet Service   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime8/13/2008, 7:23 am

Hello,
Sorry to come in so late on the internet issue, but is there an update on this?

I absolutely have to have internet, so put me on whatever list you have going for making this happen.
With all the purchases I have in fron tof me I was hoping to hear that a group had stepped forward for the wifi hot spot.
Did that happen?

Am I insane to think I could get internet service up and running for my Set 6 visit to Chan Chemuyil?
Back to top Go down
http://www.monsoonvt.com
susan

PostSubject: internet service.......   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime8/22/2008, 11:46 pm

Hola from Canada

we are planning a trip in October to hopefully start improvements on our casa. I just logged in now and picked up on the thread for internet service..........what was the outcome of these discussions. I am VERY interested! bounce
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: Chan Chemuyil Internet Service   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime8/24/2008, 3:05 pm

Bill is returning to MX soon and will hopefully have info then. He has a place in the Pueblo of Chemuyil set up with DSL and an antenae on top of the building, but has not finished the process yet. We're all eager to find out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chan Chemuyil Internet Service   Chan Chemuyil Internet Service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chan Chemuyil Internet Service
Page 1 of 1