chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hurricane Announcement for 2008

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
casadolen

Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 2:27 pm

http://www.noticaribe.com.mx/rivieramaya/2008/03/se_preparan_contra_huracanes.html

My Spanish isn't that great, but from what I can interpret, they'expecting 2008 to be a pretty active hurricane season. No

Fluent spanish readers, please add any clarification for me.

I'm posting an idea for hurricane shutters too in our Photo Album on Yahoo.

Good to know these babies have survived a few already!
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 2:34 pm

Here is the article in English.......

BEACH OF THE CARMEN, MX. - Because for the season of hurricanes 2008 in the Atlantic, zone where east municipality is located, 16 tropical revolving storms have been foretold, the City council began with the works to face the possible attack of some of these natural phenomena with the presentation of the Manual of Operations of the Subcommittee of Commercial Supply in Season of Hurricanes for Solidarity. (...) The presented/displayed document east Thursday, establishes lineamientos to follow to restore the tourist and commercial sector, as well as to provide the supply with basic products to the community in case of impact of a cyclone, because for the season of hurricanes 2008, that begins next the 1 of June and finalizes the 30 of November, is expected an intense cyclonal activity, because 16 tropical revolving storms have been foretold, six of category 1 and 2, as well as three more of great intensity between categories 3, 4 and 5. (...) For it, micro was created site in the page official Web of the City council; www.solidaridad.gob.mx, explained Samaria Angulo Rooms, director of Commerce, during the presentation of the Manual of Operations of the Subcommittee of Commercial Supply in Season of Hurricanes for Solidarity (...) (Source: By This! of Quintana Roo)

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
jeri

PostSubject: hurricanes   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 6:39 pm

YET another good things about these houses. Within days of us purchasing, we were hit with Emily. The same season, Wilma. Last year, we went down to enjoy DEAN... NO damage on any occasion!!
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 6:42 pm

Jeri-

Good to know......thanks for the on-site reporting!

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 8:56 pm

I so can't imagine being there during a hurricane affraid
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 9:01 pm

clay wrote:
I so can't imagine being there during a hurricane affraid

I have talked to a friend of mine on the phone during a hurricane.....sounded like a freight train the background!

Neither can I, however after 2 blizzards and several tornados, I think I cam make due. LOL!

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
jeri

PostSubject: hurricane dean   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 9:08 pm

We went down last year... our vacation was planned...and then Dean decided to visit. It was so interesting. They take down all the signs and even take down the poles that hold the street lights on 307. They then stop selling alcohol... everyone gets very prepared. The line at Homedepot to buy plywood was dozens long.

We did not put up plywood..we covered the window in one room...just in case.

All the neighbors came over that evening for beer and snacks on our porch. We wished each other well and went to bed. It was a non event. The wind was a little stronger, but NO BIG DEAL. We got up in the morning and met our neighbors and decided to investigate. The police would not let us down to xcacel.. we drove around and there was no beach open.. later we saw all the damage on the waterfront... at home..nothing..by the afternoon, electricity was back on and restaurants were open..
Back to top Go down
casadolen

PostSubject: Thank you Neighbors   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 9:48 pm

Maggie, thanks so much for the translation! Darn, I was hoping I had totally mis-translated.LOL

Jeri, thank you for the response. Knowing our neighborhood has survived was one of the many characteristics that sealed the deal for us.

It must have been terrifying - my Dad spent a day & 1/2 in a closet when Hurricane (can't remember the name) hit Ft. Myers a few years back.

Happy to know the neighborhood stuck together on your porch - sounds like my kinda people!

Let's hope for a safe season!
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 10:20 pm

jeri wrote:
We went down last year... our vacation was planned...and then Dean decided to visit. It was so interesting. They take down all the signs and even take down the poles that hold the street lights on 307. They then stop selling alcohol... everyone gets very prepared. The line at Homedepot to buy plywood was dozens long.

We did not put up plywood..we covered the window in one room...just in case.

All the neighbors came over that evening for beer and snacks on our porch. We wished each other well and went to bed. It was a non event. The wind was a little stronger, but NO BIG DEAL. We got up in the morning and met our neighbors and decided to investigate. The police would not let us down to xcacel.. we drove around and there was no beach open.. later we saw all the damage on the waterfront... at home..nothing..by the afternoon, electricity was back on and restaurants were open..

Jer-

Don't let Billy read this......hehehehe

Great news, I am so happy you posted this!

Cheers-
Mags
Back to top Go down
ChanChemuyilAdmin
Admin
ChanChemuyilAdmin

PostSubject: Hurricanes   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime4/1/2008, 9:17 am

Just keep in mind that the Riviera Maya area is not known for having many hurricanes--Most hurricanes start in the South caribbean and move clockwise usually going more towards cuba and ultimately Florida. I think because of emily and wilma the press really "sensationalized" it and really hyped it up. Wilma was the worst hurricane ever recorded here but the last one that was even remotely close to that was Gilbert in 1988. I was here (living on the island of Cozumel) for Wilma and it definitely was NO FUN, but hey we usually get nearly 300 days of sunshine in an average year so i am NOTgoing to complain. So basically you can figure on one really NASTY hurricane here every 15 to 20 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mexicotulum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Announcement for 2008   Hurricane Announcement for 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Announcement for 2008
Page 1 of 1