chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Plomero Dave

Plomero Dave

Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Empty
PostSubject: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime5/3/2008, 12:29 pm

Hola everyone!
Mary and I just returned from Chemuyil.
This was our 3rd trip since we purchased in mid-December, the 2nd time we have stayed in the house.
Things are changing daily, everything looks great!
I spent an afternoon by myself with a Robert Parker novel (Jesse Stone) at the bench by the North cenote, with a large drink.
After a few minutes, you won't believe the birds and wildlife that come out to sunbath, bathe, etc.
Bring a beach towel to sit on, and a cooler, you will not be sorry.
I will be posting a complete trip report as soon as I can, with photo's and another do's and don'ts list.
One thing I need to get out immediatly is - DON'T FORGET TO SHUT OFF YOUR GAS to your appliances.
If you leave your water heater on, you'r tank will proably be empty when you return.
If you leave the gas to your stove on, you run the danger of a gas leak or someone accidently leaning on a dial and moving it to a slightly on position (did this twice myself).
If you do not wan't to go through the hassle of re-lighting your water heater, just turn it to pilot. I suggest you turn the small gas valves off next to the appliances, and re-light the pilot on the water heater when you return (everyone needs to know how to do this anyway). Bring a small wand type- grill lighter with you.
If you want to be really safe, you could also shut off the main valve on the gas tank itself.
Plomero
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime5/5/2008, 9:50 pm

Dave, thanks for the great info!
Your afternoon at the beach sounds heavenly! I can't wait! Only 62 more days! I know we'll be working our tails off that week, but that's the beauty of being that close to the beach! I love sitting and listening to the sounds of nature and the crashing of the waves on top of that! How sweet it is!
Did you walk over on the path or drive?
Back to top Go down
Plomero Dave

Plomero Dave

PostSubject: Re: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 3:59 pm

We went to the beach at least once a day, it undoubtably is one of the nicest on the entire coast.

We usually drove as I require my cooler full of margaritas, beers, etc., but did walk one day. It really is less than 10 minutes (if you don't forget the combo for the gate, like I did)

I really enjoy our own Cenote's, also, for sure set some time aside for them!

Plomero Dave
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 4:39 pm

Of course you can't forget the cooler of beverages! I am already excited about the cenotes in the neighborhood. I've really only been in one - it was Ik Il near Chichen Itza. I visited (but didn't have time for a swim) the one with the diving board behind the subdivision. The cool waters and shade around the cenotes will definitely be refreshing in July.
Back to top Go down
ChemadianGuy

ChemadianGuy

PostSubject: Re: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime5/21/2008, 9:05 pm

This sounds alot like going to the lake with the 5th wheel.... follow the checklist on the way in and out and all is good...

- Turn on gas
- Turn on the H2O
- Light the Pilot light
- Crack open a beer
- Unpack
- Relax
- Pack up to go (2 weeks later)
- Turn off gas
- Turn Off H2O
- Go Home
- Book Next Trip

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebrick.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!   Propane Gas - IMPORTANT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Propane Gas - IMPORTANT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chan chemuyil mexico real estate :: Chan Chemuyil Homeowners :: Happy Hour!--general discussion-
Jump to: