chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

electrical outlets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clay

clay

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/6/2008, 1:57 pm

I have a question about the outlets. From my pics they look to have 3 holes. Do they fit our standard 3 prong plug? Are any of them GFIC?

I'm thinking about bringing some surge strips/extension cords/outlet splitters down.

Gracias
Back to top Go down
jeri

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/6/2008, 6:06 pm

I do not remember if they have three holes, but I do know that the outlet things that you can purchase here that go over a double outlet and convert them to a place to plug in a bunch do not work there. The set up is somehow off....I am pretty sure they do have three holes as we have some of those orange extension cords there and do not remember having an issue. None of them are GFI's.
Back to top Go down
Plomero Dave

Plomero Dave

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/6/2008, 9:29 pm

They are 3 hole.
No GFI at all, but an electrican friend recommends installing them.
We brought down multi outlet ended extension cords.
Also, we purchased a flat sided low profile extension cord as our refrigerator is REALLY TIGHT to fit into the allocated space, and the plug in is on the left side instead of the back. I would have to wiggle the frige out to unplug it when we leave. Now I will just run the cord around the right side and unplug from the extension cord under the counter. Our frige, MABE brand, does not have an 'off' switch in it, just a low setting.
Rainy here today, was at the home center buying stuff for our MX home.

Dave
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/7/2008, 8:54 am

Plomero Dave wrote:
They are 3 hole.
No GFI at all, but an electrican friend recommends installing them.

Dave

Is that something the average person can do? My husband has added outlets in our home - does installing GFI require a lot more skill than that does?
Back to top Go down
Plomero Dave

Plomero Dave

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/7/2008, 9:13 am

If you can replace an outlet here, its about the same.

You can also get GFI protected multi plug in strips.

Until then, I would be a little nervous using an elcetric hair dryer/curler/etc. if I was barefoot.
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime4/7/2008, 7:29 pm

Gracias Smile

I see you've got the ticker going Dave ... sweet ... How long you staying? I heard you make a killer Margarita - my favorite!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

electrical outlets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical outlets   electrical outlets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electrical outlets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chan chemuyil mexico real estate :: Chan Chemuyil Homeowners :: Construction questions-
Jump to: