chan chemuyil mexico real estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chan chemuyil mexico real estate

Forum for discussion regarding Chan Chemuyil Subdivision

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

old dog tries new trick

Go down 
+6
ClamChowda
Maggie
chica de chemuyil
nwcreolelady
clay
mo&peter
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mo&peter

old dog tries new trick Empty
PostSubject: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 2:34 am

please bear with me- i am a 2- fingered typist who has never blogged... small shakes compared to buying a vacation/ retirement home in mexico! in this first ever attempt to post i just wanted to say "hello" and my husband peter and i really look forward to meeting you all. we own calle jamaica , manzana #208, casa #26. we hope to visit in may and/or june. peter is a minnesotan and i am a marylander , we currently live in santa cruz, ca. but we spent 15 years in vt. it's been a thrill to see how many of you we will share common geographical history with! our excitement over this new adventure is hard to contain and how wonderful to share it with you.
well i guess that is all for now, to our future- lovely neighbors! mo
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 9:14 am

Hey, another Californian!! I live in Sonoma Co, N of SF. Have you been down to see you casa yet?

Carol
Back to top Go down
nwcreolelady

nwcreolelady

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime3/29/2008, 9:45 am

mo&peter wrote:
please bear with me- i am a 2- fingered typist who has never blogged... small shakes compared to buying a vacation/ retirement home in mexico! in this first ever attempt to post i just wanted to say "hello" and my husband peter and i really look forward to meeting you all. we own calle jamaica , manzana #208, casa #26. we hope to visit in may and/or june. peter is a minnesotan and i am a marylander , we currently live in santa cruz, ca. but we spent 15 years in vt. it's been a thrill to see how many of you we will share common geographical history with! our excitement over this new adventure is hard to contain and how wonderful to share it with you.
well i guess that is all for now, to our future- lovely neighbors! mo

Welcome Mo and Peter! Mo, you did fabulous on your first ever post! Look forward to meeting you as well! We are from the Seattle area and lived in southern CA as well quite a few years back. We loved Santa Cruz....been there twice now. The mountains and the beach. It is really nice!
Back to top Go down
chica de chemuyil

PostSubject: Welcome to Chemuyil   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime3/30/2008, 10:09 pm

Welcome
The more the merrier.

We bought on 208 cuba as well. #11
My husband and I are from British Columbia Canada. We are very excited and look forward to meeting you in person. Keep posting, and checking photos..this gives you a taste of the adventure we are all experiencing.
Cheers
Linda
Back to top Go down
mo&peter

PostSubject: learning how to post reply!   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/1/2008, 9:54 pm

hello dear neighbors,
sorry it takes me a while to catch-on! these last few days i discovered the other chan-chem site, what a ton of useful info.! so now formerly known as "old dog" please feel free to call me by my given name: moira, or my nickname:momo.
i saw the house on the internet (which if you knew me your jaw would drop at that "tech" first step) and could'nt believe my eyes! i was planning a trip there this year for scuba cave-cert. in akumal. iam an avid diver as well and decided this would be my dream retirement home. i flew down alone in feb. saw them in person, freaked out with excitement, called my trusting husband and said let's do it! the rest is money wired, dreams and plans galore and happiness at joining a like-minded and welcoming group of friends and neighbors! practically speaking we have contacted joe the builder and await estimates also (front porch,back porch,maybe stairs to roof etc.). also am obsessing over gringo furniture and whether to order by april 15 with group etc... hope to visit in late may or when furniture due. peter and i have 3 kids:noah 17,pearce 15, and ariel 13. also 3 dogs: zuzu akita, fabio (ariel's part chihuahua/ part dachshund),and zaddock our 10 mo. old great dane. we will probably come alone as a couple or with ariel only, boys are way into friends and sports! thanks to everyone who wrote back to me. love, momo
Back to top Go down
Maggie

Maggie

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/1/2008, 10:14 pm

Yo MoMo!!!!

WELCOME to Calle Jamaica!

Cheers-
Mags

Last edited by Maggie on 7/20/2008, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clay

clay

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/1/2008, 10:29 pm

Mo,

You'll be a pro in no time - the best way to learn is just by goofing off. Do you know when you'll be down?

Carol
Back to top Go down
ClamChowda

PostSubject: Welcome Peter & Mo   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/2/2008, 10:02 am

Momo,

We were looking for a place the day you were flying all over the community looking at every empty casa. I'm glad you finally returned all the keys you had comandeered. We looked and looked that morning, and decided we need the help of an impartial observer.

We went to a local watering hole, and with the help of Sr. Dos Equis we made the plunge.

Some day we will post the pressure put on us by the CLOSER, that made our decision ironclad.
Back to top Go down
MayanDreams

MayanDreams

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/6/2008, 11:38 pm

Hi everyone! My husband and I returned a week ago from a 2 week trip to Akumal Beach Resort. We have had 3 awesome vactions there. sunny On this most recent trip we met 2 fun couples from Alberta and they are the ones who told us about the Chemuyil Casas. We decided to have a look and on our last day of our trip were pricing out home basics at the Walmart in Playa! No wasting time for us...got home emailed Bill and secured the Casa we saw. We are the proud and can't-wait-to-be-there owners of #5 Manzana 208 Cuba and we just found that our new Albertan friends are also new owners! We fell in love with this area of Mexico in 2005 and never thought we'd own a wee chunk of it. We are avid divers and snorkelers, beach bums and Margarita drinkers. We were going to spend 3 weeks driving the California coast but now we are going to be painting and decorating our Casa....gee what a terrible way to spend 3 weeks in August Wink Looking forward to meeting our new neighbours.
Back to top Go down
peggie

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/9/2008, 7:50 am

congrats we are neighbors #13
Back to top Go down
Glenn Dodge

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime4/9/2008, 6:43 pm

Hi Mo, we are at 22 just 4 doors south of you. Glenn Tracy and Madeline
Back to top Go down
BuzzA

PostSubject: shipping problems?   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime7/2/2008, 7:50 am

Hi Moira!

Bill hinted on the yahoo group that you and Peter had some problems with shipping to Mexico. Would you mind sharing your experience with us? I'm eager to hear any stories, good or bad.

Thanks and have a great day,

Diane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old dog tries new trick   old dog tries new trick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

old dog tries new trick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chan chemuyil mexico real estate :: Chan Chemuyil Homeowners :: Meet your neighbors!-
Jump to: